IFTTT is a free online platform that allows you to create “applets”, recipes that can connect various services together. Tecla is a service that can be used to trigger events in other services, many smart home devices are services in IFTTT.
You can assign a switch event (press or long press) on the tecla-e as an "if" to trigger a "then" in an IFTTT applet.
1. Make sure you have your tecla-e connected to the device you are using to set-up the switch. Go to your *Tecla App, click on the Menu icon in the top right corner and select tecla-e.
2. Select your tecla-e from the list and then click on Switches.
3. On the tela-e Switches screen, select the pencil icon to edit the switch you want to assign to the IFTTT action. A new window will prompt you to activate the switch you want to configure.
4. Select Long press as the Switch action. Then Select IF Trigger as the command.
Note: You can select Press or Long Press as the switch action, but if you use Press that switch won't be available for set-up in Switch Control or Switch Access.
5. When you are done, select Finish. You should now see the description of A3 as an IFTTT Trigger on the tecla-e switches screen.
6. Now you need to set up the Switch action on the IFTTT app. Go to the IFTTT App. On My Applets, add a new Applet.
6. Tap on "+this" and search for Tecla service. Tap on the Tecla service.
7. You can select to create an activity from an App button or a Switch action on tecla-e. Tap on Switch action on tecla-e
8. On the Complete Trigger screen, select the name of the Switch action you configured on your tecla-e from the dropDown list. Then, click on the check mark in the top right corner of the screen.
9. Then Select on "+that" to select the service you want to activate when pressing the switch you selected.