- iOS - The Tecla Shield is compatible with all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch via Bluetooth using the built-in Switch Control feature.
- Android - The Tecla Shield is compatible with Android 5 and 6 devices via Bluetooth using the built-in Switch Access feature. Older models may use the Tecla Access app.
- Mac OS - The Tecla is compatible with Mac OS computers via Bluetooth.
- PC - The Tecla is compatible with Windows computers via Bluetooth.
- Any single (mono) or dual (stereo) switch with a 1/8" plug
- Multiple switches with a DB9 female connector that follows the SET Standard
If you want to use the wheelchair's built-in driving controls, ensure that the wheelchair has an Environmental Control Unit (ECU) or Input/Output module. If you're unsure, your wheelchair vendor can let you know.
If you would like to connect your Tecla Shield to your power wheelchair, you will need a Wheelchair Cable.
Then, depending on where or when you're using your smart device, you might need a mount for your chair or for your phone.