Tecla Shield users can now use switches to navigate the AssistiveTouch menu, but they will require assistance to open the menu in the first place. This is due to the fact that iOS devices do not yet allow VoiceOver to navigate to, and activate the AssisteTouch menu button located on the edge of the screen. We strongly recommend you contact Apple accessibility support at email@example.com and let them know you would like to use AssistiveTouch with the Tecla Shield. By contacting Apple, you will not only be helping them meet their legal obligation to make their devices accessible to switch users, but will also be helping them honour their commitment to accessibility published here: http://www.apple.com/accessibility
Articles in this section
- Android Compatibility
- What equipment do I need?
- What equipment is compatible with the Tecla Shield?
- How do I use my wheelchair driving controls to control my phone or tablet?
- How can I use the Tecla Shield with my computer?
- Can I use Siri with Tecla?
- Can a joystick be used to access my smart device?
- Can you change modes when connected to a device?
- Can you change modes while charging?
- Can I use Tecla with Assistive Touch?